Thursday, July 2, 2015

One Week

In just one short week, I will be embarking on my next big life adventure by moving to Chicago to be a post-graduate volunteer at the Mercy Home for Boys and Girls. While this move is truly my next big adventure, I haven't spent the last month and a half sitting under a rock with netflix and endless bags of cookie dough (though that does sound enticing). I have instead been embracing my inner desire to travel and have been participating in my North American Victory Tour as my dad likes to call it.

After graduation, I honestly was in a huge funk. I had no clue what to do. I ran, worked, crafted, and then hit repeat. Thankfully this did not last for long because my grandmother graciously sent me to New York for a week to see my brother Dan. Though I am not sure that I could ever live in New York, the week I was able to spend there was much needed and helped me get out of my hating post-grad life funk. From storming the bars of Brooklyn, to watching the Yankees, to seeing a Broadway show, and embracing themed days like Fancy Day and Museum Day, I am so grateful I was able to explore an awesome city with one of my favorite human beings.


When I got back from New York, I was immediately thrown into the College World Series. While working at a bar in downtown Omaha has its perks, the CWS is its own ball game (see what I did there(; ). I worked 7 double shifts in a row. Most days were crazy busy and  a couple days were not, but that is okay. It was my last CWS as an employee of DJs Dugout and to be honest, I am going to miss it.

Immediately after the CWS was over, I went to Minnesota to see one of my best friends marry a phenomenal man and have my first reunion with #blueHearts. I didn't realize just how much I missed all of my friends until we were all able to be together again. These women make my heart happy and I legitimately do not know where I would be without them.


The beautiful bride!
Post Minnesota, I headed to Sparta, Wisconsin to see the Sosso clan. Sparta is a small, but beautiful town outside of Lacrosse. While I am here I take time to unwind. I run, bike, eat garden fresh food, listen to good music, and drink all of the good beer. I leave tomorrow to head back to Omaha for the last few days before I move and I am going to miss it here.

My only photo from the trip so far that I have uploaded...
As the week countdown begins, I am nervous, but very excited. To keep up on my adventures, just keep reading here. Also, if you want to support me in another one of my future adventures, running a marathon, be sure to donate here: http://mercyhomehero.com/i/sarah-kelly#.VWX--s9Viko

No comments:

Post a Comment