So here we go.
There are many things about next year that I am looking forward to including:
- Living with Bridget and adopting a cat (Ralph) and a dog (Willy)
- Reinstating my spotify premium account (and Netflix and Hulu accounts)
- Having an income and using that income
- Having the ability to buy whatever food I want aka farmer's market veg and co-op bread
- Having more freedom to travel
- Not being so new to the city of Chicago
- Potentially a new job either at Mercy Home or elsewhere
- My 14 remarkable roommates who teach me something new everyday
- Being a volunteer and everything that comes with it - 10 boxes of expired chewy bars and all
- The apartment where we find something everyday like a loving quote on the white board or moon shoes
- Having Katie and Emily at my beck and call whenever I am in the midst of trouble - work related and not or whenever I need someone to celebrate with
- Birthday door signs and birthday bottles
- Fruitful discussions about faith at bible study
- Challenging conversations about the state of our world and what we can do about it
- Community nights where I learn about myself, my house, and the world I live in
- Wednesday nights at Beer Bistro
- Working with the young men in Sheil Home - especially my advocatees
- Sharing laughter and tears with my roommates
- Random game nights
- Having 14 people to fall on when I get knocked down
- Having 14 people to lift up when they need me to
- Constant reminders to make myself the best person that I can be
I am so grateful that I said yes to the phenomenal opportunity that is MercyWorks and I hope to make these next 5 months count.
No comments:
Post a Comment